- A laboratory request should be properly accomplished with at least the following data written legibly:
- Full name
- Age and sex
- Requesting physician
- Date and time
- Type of specimen and test examinations
- The urine or stool specimen must be freshly collected and must be submitted within 30 minutes from the time of collection to the laboratory.
- Patients for semen analysis shall be advised to collect semen after 3-5 days of abstinence, specimen shall be preferably be collected within the diagnostic center’s premises, or when collected outside, shall be submitted within one hour. During transport, the container must be kept warm as possible. The cut-off time for submission of specimen is 11:00 am.
- An 8-10 hours of night fasting is required for some tests. Do not eat or take any fluid prior to blood extraction.
- For patients requesting HIV test, he/she must undergo counseling by our trained counselor before blood extraction.
- The earliest time for releasing test result is 11:00 am depending on the time the patient have been served and the tests requested. The results for culture and sensitivity tests are released after 3-5 days from submission of specimen, or depending on the spread of growth of the organisms present.
- “No request from a physician, no procedure” is strictly implemented.
- Patients requesting for whole abdomen ultrasound should fast 6-8 hours.
- The earliest possible time for the release of results is 2:00 pm depending on the time that the patient has been served.
- 2D Echocardiogram and Stress test is done by schedule.
- ECG is done anytime.
- The result of the 2D Echo is available after 1-2 days while results of ECG and Stress test is released after one day.